These tips from local professional organizers in the Baltimore area will help you streamline the remodel process and create the closet of your dreams.
When you’re remodeling a room in your home, you want to make sure the result is the best it can possibly be. You want the highest-quality product that will wow your family and others who visit the home—including potential buyers, if you intend to sell. But a high-quality product is not the only factor that makes a remodeling project successful. A good remodel is one that you’d recommend to your friends and neighbors because of the outstanding customer service, competitive price range, and efficiency.
A lot goes into remodeling a single room—especially if that room is as important as the master closet. However, as a closet designer myself, I’ve learned which questions to ask and which details to pay attention to when you embark on this kind of project. With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating the best closet remodel in all of greater Baltimore.
How to Create a Luxurious Closet
If you want the best product available, you need to start with beautiful materials. The best custom closet is one finished with gorgeous thermally fused laminate—a material that’s incredibly durable and easy to clean. Custom hardware gives the room a luxurious touch, and soft-close hinges and drawers make every interaction special. You can’t beat a product made with the highest-quality materials. It’s like enjoying real Maryland crab instead of swimmers overnighted from Louisiana.
Next, you’ll want to include the kind of accessories that only come with a custom closet. These are the elements that make viewers feel astonished, as though they’ve just walked into a fabulous boutique in Hampden. For eye-catching and luxurious accessories, you can include:
- An island or peninsula to make an eye-catching statement right off the bat.
- Velvet-lined jewelry drawers to beautifully display your collection.
- Built-in laundry hampers to hide away your literal dirty laundry.
- Adjustable shoe shelves to display and organize your fabulous footwear.
What a Good Custom Closet Process Looks Like
Top-of-the-line accessories and materials can’t be found in your average big box store. And when you’re looking for the best of the best, you don’t want to deal with gimmicks or DIY sets. Baltimore’s DIY Fest 2017 isn’t until September, so to get the best closet remodel you’ve ever seen, you’ll want to start by talking with a design expert who really knows the ropes.
Good custom closet companies will offer the option of meeting you directly in your home to begin the process. They’ll take measurements of your space and craft a layout that perfectly fits your needs. Old-school closet designers operated with grid paper and pencil, but more advanced companies will provide you with a 3D drawing straight from their screen. It’s like the difference between the B&O railroad and the new rapid rail that will connect Baltimore and DC sometime in the next twenty years (if we’re lucky).
This initial consultation is crucial. You’ll be able to ask your designer about the materials their company uses and get an accurate estimate of the cost of your project. They’ll leave you with a quote, and the best companies will strive to honor that agreement long after your initial consultation so that you can budget appropriately and compare their suggestions to others in the Baltimore market.
How to Choose Baltimore’s Best Custom Closet Company
Now comes the hard part: choosing the company that you’d most like to work with for your closet remodel. Over my years in the closet industry, I’ve discovered several key tips that will help make sure you’ve selected the best company for you.
- Make sure you’re buying local. Support the companies that bring more jobs to the Baltimore area, and you’ll also be reducing your carbon footprint in the process.
- Go with an independently owned company. Big franchises can really churn out the product—but that’s not what you’re looking for when you want the best custom closet available. An independent company will have more bandwidth to work on your project individually.
- Choose a company that does all of their work in-house. When they’re in charge of the design, manufacturing, and installation, you can be sure that every step of the process will be at the same level of excellence.
- Check out their reviews and awards. Make sure that the company you choose has outstanding customer reviews and has been recognized by third parties for their hard work.
Getting Started on the Best Closet Remodel in Baltimore
Once you’ve decided on the high-quality look of your dream closet and chosen a company that’s perfect for your project, you’re ready to bring your custom design to life. Every important renovation project takes a bit of upfront research, and your hard work will ensure that you’ve chosen the highest quality experience available—and that’s what matters most.
Looking for a place to start? Reach out to us today to schedule a free design consultation with one of Closet America’s expert designers. We’ll work with you to develop the look and layout that you love, and we’ll happily answer any remaining questions you may have about the custom closet industry. We’re dedicated to helping our clients gain the best closets in the city and get everything organized and in its place, perfectly.