Our specialty isn’t just creating custom walk-in closets but creating custom walk-ins that make you excited to get dressed every morning. Closets that fit both your life and your home. That’s our passion, and that passion is key to everything we do.
Our designers could talk to you for hours about the differences between a Maryland closet in Chevy Chase and a Georgetown closet in DC. The entire Washington, DC metro area is rich with a variety of housing styles and closet sizes—which means a one-size-fits-all approach rarely works. That’s why every one of our closet designs is different.
Our process begins with an initial consultation that allows our designers to get to know you (and your walk-in). We listen for potential closet stressors as you talk and can usually offer immediate suggestions, whether you need more storage space or a better layout. After taking inventory of your belongings and measurements of your space, we’ll produce a mock-up design on the spot using our proprietary design software. Then we’ll take you through a quick demo of all our design components so that you can customize every element (drawers, shelves, hanger rods, handles, and extras) to your particular tastes.
Some of our most popular features for custom walk-in closets include:
- Closet islands and peninsulas to create counter and storage space
- Shoe shelves that adjust to fit all types of shoes, from winter boots to summer sandals
- Heavy-gauge chrome laundry hampers with removable liners
- Elegant and secure jewelry storage
- Hideaway ironing boards
- Full-extension slide-out belt racks
- Soft-close drawers that shut smoothly and quietly
- Slide-out tie racks to keep your ties organized
- Valet rods to organize dry cleaning and plan outfits
Your Closet America system is designed to make your walk-in more efficient, and as such, many features are adjustable, letting you more easily accommodate seasonal wardrobe changes or additional clothing.
Walk-In Closet Systems Engineered to Last
We take quality very seriously. Our closets are created from high-grade materials by expert craftspeople and include details like:
- Floor-standing designs for added stability
- Durable and elegant hardware
- Dovetail drawer boxes
- Hidden wall supports and concealed leveling legs for a beautiful finish
- Thick 3-millimeter edge banding that will not peel
Since we’re a local company, your closet system is built by hand at our Landover, MD workshop, and in most cases, we can install it in one day. And for a little extra peace of mind, each closet organization system comes with our industry leading transferable warranty.
Our in-home design consultations are free, so if you want to explore the possibility of a custom closet, there’s nothing to lose by taking the first step and scheduling a consultation today.
Interested in seeing some of our work? Check out the gallery images below for some inspiration.